Monday, September 10, 2018

DAY 1: FLIGHT TO MANILA!

  Hello fellas, Let me introduce my self first. My name is Prily Nur Indasari. I’m from State University of Surabaya, Indonesia. My major is Science Education. So I’m one of 6 students from my university that join Sea Teacher program. This is the first time for my university to join Sea Teacher program. So there are four students included me that go to Phillipines, specifically in Tarlac Agricultural University (TAU), Camiling Tarlac and two other students go to Thailand.
                Our schedule to go to Tarlac was on August 12nd. We had two flights, for the first flight was from Juanda Airport in Surabaya to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Jakarta. I went to the Juanda Airport at 2:00 AM since my boarding pass time was 4:05 AM. I met my friends Serly, Elok, and Nisa in Juanda so we could check in together. We took a picture also! Here you can see it.



I’m the one who wear mocca jacket and gray cullotes. I felt happy and also sad in the same time. I was happy because finally I could do my PPL (teaching practice). My friends, who pick reguler PPL, had already started it since a month ago. When my friends started their teaching in class, I just in home watched their stories from social media. That’s why I couldn’t wait for my flight to Philippines and start teaching. Nevertheless, I also felt so sad going so far from my family, because this was my very first time going abroad and alone without any relative came with me. My parent were so worried about how I can live there since I am the picky eating and also about the typhoon but I made them understand. I will have so many friends there and also there is the coordinator that always ready to help students from other countries.
                We arrived at Jakarta at 6 am. We arrived 20 minutes faster than the schedule. In jakarta airport, we met students from other universities such as untirta and borneo tarakan. there are two people from untirta and two people from borneo tarakan so we waited the next flight to philippines together. The flight needed 4 hours to get NAIA manila airport philippines. This second flight made me worried a little bit because Manila had heavy rain that time and I also saw lightning when I was in airplane. That was why we couldn't landed so soon even we were already in Manila. I knew we would be fine, so I just closed my eyes and pray. After we landed safely, we went to the immigration and then went to baggage claim. We met our friends from Lombok and Ms. Prep (the coordinator) at the pick-up place. Actually our friends from Lombok already arrived in Manila before us.
                Afterwards, all of us went to Tarlac Agricultural University (TAU). We also took a dinner in Jolibee on the way to our dorm in TAU. We ordered a fried chicken and it costed about 90 peso (Rp 27000).


After dinner, we continued our going to Tarlac. We arrived at the hostel Tarlac at 12 am. We were so tired so after wrote our names in guests letter, we went to our room and took a rest. I knew this was long and tired journey but this was also awful story. I met other friends from other universities even other countries and yeah, I will learn so much incredible things here, in philippines!

No comments:

Post a Comment