Tuesday, September 11, 2018

DAY 25: ASEAN FESTIVAL


I was so excited today because this was my first time join Asean Festival.
My university never held Asian Festival before.
So we required to wear our Indonesia traditional costume and I wore "Kebaya" since it was traditional costume from Java island.

Asian Festival was held on September 5. We should walk from TAU-College of Education to G.O Teodoro Multipurpose Centre. I admit it that it was very far but we were very happy until we forget the distance. We, Indonesian group, always sing along the way to the G.O Centre.
This was the wonderful day I have been through here.

Not just us that wore traditional clothing, all the students from TAU also wore traditional clothing that represent different countries for each college.
For instance, college of education would represent Laos, so they wore Laos's traditional clothing.



My friends from Thailand also wore their traditional clothing.


and there was also fashion show. Look carefully, their costume was made from recycled materials. So they tried to recycle scarps and change it into traditional costume.
That was so amazing!
Even though the costume is made from scarps but It still looked amazing.


This is me and my friend, Galuh, took a picture with the president of university, Dr. Max P. Guillermo. He is very kind even I didn't realize that he is the president of university because he is very humble and nice 😊.


After the festival, I went to the Admin Building to visit Indonesia boot.
I found some indonesian food there like fried rice "Nasi Goreng" and the one that all my friends like the most was "sambal" haha.
They said that the sambal was so spicy and they really like it so much.
Most filipino doesn't like spicy food that was why we couldn't find spicy food whereas we, indonesia, really like spicy foods.


I just could say that I very thank you to TAU for the opportunity, for the Asian Festival, for the chance for us as Indonesian student performed traditional dance and sing songs from Indonesia.
That was an honour. I was the happiest person that day.
Thank you for the memories...






No comments:

Post a Comment