Monday, September 10, 2018

DAY 4: MY FIRST FILIPINO CLASS

       
Hello fellas!
Today was must be my first day to observe the class but because I was still feel not good,
I couldn’t come. That was really sad. I have already taken my medicine from medical centre but I dind’t know why body temperature was high. Anyway I’m going to teach grade 7 and 8 in Laboratory School. It is not so far from the hostel but I can take trycycle to get get. It just cost 20 peso (6000).
                Before observation, I studied Philippines National Language, It’s called filipino. Filipinos from Tagalog dialect. There are around 300 dialect in Philippines. The teacher was Mam Tass. She teached us how to speak filipino language.
We learnt how to say,

Good Morning = Magadang Umaga
My name is ___  = Ako si ___
I live in ___ = Nakatira ako sa ____
I study at ___ = Nag-aaral ako sa ___
I am ___ years old = Ako ay (number in english) taon
I come from ___ = Galing ako sa ___
I go to ___ = Punta ako sa ___
Those are just a few examples of sentences from what was taught by Mam Tass.

Do you know? We have a bunch of similar words with filipino such as,

BahasaFilipinoEnglish
MahalMahalExpensive
MurahMuraCheap
anakAnakchild
manggamanggamango
belimbingbalimbingStar fruit
kangkungkangkongSwap cabbage
hutangutangloan
Tali/ikattalibundle
kambingkambinggoat

In the end of the class, Mam Tass asked us to made a dialogue with our partner in filipino language and presented it in front of the class.
This is my friends from Thailand tried to speak Filipino


Anyway, the class was took place nearby with College of Education.
I really enjoy the class today because finally I knew some filipino words!

20180815_083756

No comments:

Post a Comment