Monday, September 10, 2018

DAY 18: NIPS COUNTING


Hello fellas!

Holiday was over. I had to back to school on Tuesday, and this was my student’s time to do an activity of my lesson about Scientific Method. The activity was about Counting Nips. Nips is colored candy bag, Indonesia has “chacha” and Philippines has “Nips”.

They were so excited when I told them that today they would had Nips candy. Some of them asked to me if they could eat the nips or not. I said yes, after the activity finished.

            Before I started the activity, I asked them first about what they have learned in the last meeting and what the topic was. They still remember about scientific methods. Afterwards, I continued with discuss the seatwork that they did in the last meeting because some of them got low score. So I asked two students to wrote their answers on the board so everyone could write the right answers.
            After that, I made ten groups that consist of five members each group and then I shared the worksheet and gave them one nips for one group. They made a circle each group so they could work easier. Ms. Leslie (my cooperating teacher) helped me to explain how to do the activity such as how to made a graph and then how to calculate the percentage. I gave them 30 minutes to finish the activity but they seemed need more time to finish the task and some of them missunderstand about the steps. Actually, they had to predict the answers first about how many candies in the bag and how many candies each color in the bag. They should predict or guess it not write the exact or actual numbers, but they already opened the bag of candy. So I told them to cover the candy first while they answer the hypothesis questions.
            When the groups all finished, I asked them to present their answers in front of the class. And after that they could eat the nips candy. They were so happy, so am I.



x

No comments:

Post a Comment