Monday, September 10, 2018

DAY 24: MY LAST DAY OF TEACHING


Today was my last day to teach 7A science. 
I planned to continue my lesson about Lab equipment but I remembered that I gave them an assignment. I told them to make a mind map about Lab Safety and today they must present it. It was group task so there were only ten groups would present their mind maps.

Before the students started the presentation, I held a little game called “Run to the board” 
so I divided them into two large groups and I also divided the whiteboard into two sides. 
One side for the group 1 and the another side for group 2. 
The rule was they should write word/sentence that they have learned in the last meeting. 
For an example, they could write “Use lab coat in the lab”. 
I gave them three minutes to complete it. 
They had to run to the board to write the sentence and one person just could write one sentence only. After three minutes, I would count the sentences and the group who had so many words/sentences would get Chocolate. 
I have learnt from my evaluation day, we could give them a reward to make the students active sometimes. 
So I used that Chocolate for my reward. 
The group 2 was the winner, they had 18 words besides the another group had 17 words. 



Afterwards I asked them to collect the assignment on my table and then I picked four of those mind maps to be presented in front of the class.

Since this was my last day of teaching, I asked them to take a picture together and after that I also wanted them to write farewell letter, they could write some advice or what they felt about my teaching, I asked them to do that for my reflection of teaching.

These are some farewell letters from the students







No comments:

Post a Comment