Monday, September 10, 2018

DAY 9: CEREMONY

 

Hello fellas! 
Today was a ceremony day in TAU. We all gathered in gymnastic hall. All the students, teacher, and lecturer came with us. There was no flag ceremony today due to rain, that was why the ceremony was hel in indoor.
Since there was no flag ceremony so that they just sang their national song and the head of the university had speech in front us. After the speech, we as student-teacher and S-Tvet students were asked to go to the stage to introduce ourselves to everyone.

                Actually today would gonna be my second day of observation but due to the heavy rain, all the classes were suspended but I met Ms. Leslie as my coordinator teacher, I asked her about my schedule, my topics that I should teach and which class/grade. And then Ms. Leslie invited me to her office in Laboratory school. She said we could talk there so we went there by tricycle since there was rain happened that day.

                So I would teach two classes in grade 7, and Ms. Leslie gave me three topics that should I teach. For the first topic is scientific method, and then laboratory safety procedures and the last one is laboratory tools and equipment. I was so surprise when I knew that I should teach these topics because I thought that I would teach main topics like matter, force, etc. But it was ok, I’m sure I can do it. Since I will teach grade 7 which is they are still can’t move on from elementary school, Ms. Leslie told me that I have to make my lesson fun and not boring. I have to prepare some games and so many pictures from my explanation because they are visual learning.

                Afterwards, I went back to the hostel and did my lesson plan because Ms. Leslie wanted to check it on Wednesday. And yeah tomorrow we will be going to Mosque for Ied-ul Adha praying. This is my first time to do Ied-ul Adha praying in Philippines, I don’t want to miss it like the independence day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment