Monday, September 10, 2018

DAY 20: MY EVALUATION DAY


Today I taught 7A and 7B but this was my last day to taught grade 7B AgHome. 
This class is superb. They always raise their hands when I ask a question. 
They give their attention when I explain something, but some of them are shy to ask me if they don’t know or can’t understand my explaination. 
They also can’t keep silent when their friends present something in front of class. 
But that is my job to make them quite. I hope I can teach this class again.

            Topic for today was Laboratory Safety. Before I continued my lesson, I asked them about steps of scientific method and then I relate the fourth step of scientific method which was experimentation with the topic today. 
I told them that scientist conduct the experimentation in Laboratory and then I begun to ask them “Have you been go to the laboratory in this school?” but it was so pity, they never go to the laboratory maybe because this is their first year and first semester in the school. 
I continued with my explanation that when we go to the laboratory, 
we should follow some rules and wear certain attire to protect us and other people. 


Before I continued my explanation about PPE/lab equipment, 
I asked them to watch the video about lab safety and wrote the dos and don’ts in the lab. 
They were so excited and when I asked them to write this answers on the board, so many students raises their hand and it made me so confuse to choose. 
But that was something that made me, as a teacher, feeling so happy because it proved that the students gave their attention.



            After checked their answers, I explained more about lab safety procedures and then the students had true/false game. They were really happy if they had an activity like game. 
So the rules were if they belived that the statement that I show to them was right they had to stand up and if they believed that the statement that I show to them was false, they had to sit down. 
Afterwards as usual they had seatwork for their assesment.


Today was my evaluation day. 
I was so nervous because there were two expert teachers that watch me teaching.  
Ms. Leslie already told me that I had to make my voice louder and asked them questions to make them alive in class. But all the suggestions that Ms. Leslie gave to me were forgotten because of the nervous.
Mam Blessie as my supervisor and Ma’am Leslie as my cooperating teacher told me that my problem is about my voice. The students that sit in the back couldn’t hear my voice so I had to walk around. I had to make the students being active also, so they wouldn’t be bored along my lesson. I could ask the students to read my power point. And the last was about my font in my power point, it was to small so the students in the back couldn’t read it.
            I thank to Mam Blessie and also my inspirational cooperating teacher, Ma’am Leslie, about their advice. I really needed it to increase my teaching skill. I already learnt a lot from this experience, here, in Laboratory School.

Me with my cooperating teacher, Ma'am. Leslie

Me and my supervisor, Mam Blessie
Since this was my last day to teach grade 7B AgHome, so I took a picture with them..
I'm gonna miss them so much <3






No comments:

Post a Comment